We are hiring
Learn more about OUR OPEN positions:
Join our Team
Sustainability Housing Associate
The Garfield Park Community Council is seeking a Sustainability Housing Associate. The Garfield Park Community Council (GPCC) is a community-based organization dedicated to the revitalization of the Garfield Park neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side. We are celebrating 10 years of providing service to and advocating for the Garfield Park community.
GPCC’s Housing program focuses on bringing affordable and sustainability housing resources to renters, housing providers and homeowners on Chicago’s West Side. The housing programming includes advocating for renters facing housing challenges, preserving existing ownership and encourage new affordable housing development that is also sustainable.
The Sustainability Housing Associate (Associate) will lead the GPCC outreach efforts for the Illinois Solar For All (ILSFA) program. The Associate will also oversee the home energy efficiency initiative focused on reducing energy costs, creating affordable, green housing and identifying clean energy options for households.
The goal is to expand energy independence and efficiency throughout Garfield Park. The Associate will engage in the following: a community solar program, home energy efficiency programs, green housing developments and a solar community facility.
The Associate will report to the organization’s Executive Director and help achieve GPCC’s sustainability objectives. The Associate is a hybrid position that includes in-office work initially, with in-person meetings and events with residents and some evening events with partners and residents.
· Host virtual and in-person community meetings and workshops to educate residents on the Illinois Solar For All (ILSFA) program and community solar opportunities
· Attend both in-person and virtual events to promote ILSFA
· Follow-up with individuals who express interest in participating in ILSFA, serve as a program resource and facilitate their participation
· Encourage residents, homeowners, housing providers to explore energy assessments, weatherization and installation of energy-saving products opportunities.
· Assist residents, landlords, and property owners with applications for tax credits and rebates available through the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act for energy efficiency upgrades
· Submit reports, tracking program deliverables and sharing program stories and photos
· Additional responsibilities may be issued
· Bachelor's Degree required
· A minimum of 1-3 years of successful community engagement or advocacy experience, preferably with a social service/community development organization for building community and sustainability
· Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills
· Good verbal and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and CRM platforms
· Ability to work on a team, collaborate internally and with external partners, and professionally represent the Garfield Park Community Council as needed
Salary $45,000 - $55,000 commensurate with experience
Free employee-only healthcare coverage
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
GPCC encourages applicants from all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and genders.
Communications Associate, AmeriCorps VISTA
This full-year position will build the capacity of the organization’s housing and communications programs, through an AmeriCorps VISTA program managed by Housing Action Illinois. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Learn more about AmeriCorps and the job description on the AmeriCorps portal:
Volunteer with the Garfield Park Community Council
Now more than ever, we need community-led programs that support emergency responses and build long-term resilience. Your contribution as a volunteer will help us make our work possible. After you fill out this form, we will be in contact with you about relevant volunteer opportunities and next steps!